Childcare and cultural exchange agency

Are you an energetic woman ready to give a hand with the children and teach them a foreign language?

If you feel like cutting off your routine to live a new experience just become a granny au pair!

To be a Granny au pair you must...

  • Have experience in childcare
  • Be available two months in the summer, or at least 6 months during the year
  • Have some knowledge of the language of the destination country
  • Be in good health
  • Have no criminal records

Hosting conditions

The term “au pair” means that you should be treated as a family member, you will be hosted (single room) with board and laundry, receive between 65 € and 90 € pocket money per week in exchange for 25h or 30h of work weekly for your host family, and one or two evenings of babysitting. The number of hours and the amount of pocket money are often higher in the U.S., Canada and Australia.

Most of the tasks will be related to children (get them up, bathe, tidy their rooms, get them to school ..). You will also help with simple daily chores. Time schedules and other chores details will be agreed with the family from the beginning.

Not all families are used to hosting a stranger under their roof, therefore It will be necessary to show flexibility and choose dialogue when any question or inconvenience arises.
Our agents will be there to help you, support you, mediate and to put you in contact with other au pairs if you wish so.

Holidays, Days off

You will have one or two days of leave per week as well as one week of leave every 6 months, depending on the country. We suggest you reach an agreement about the holidays arrangements with your host family from the beginning.

Language courses

t is possible to take language courses and obtain an official certificate. The course fee will be at your expense but sometimes the host family can participate (get to an agreement). Note that summer courses are commonly limited.

Administrative procedures

You must have a valid identity card (or passport) for the entire stay. You should ask for the European Health Card (formerly E111 now EHIC) at the social security centre and subscribe to special private au pair insurance. For non European Union citizens, you will require a visa from the host country.